FL008 Invalid datestamps in file names (space instead of a zero)
Invalid datestamps in file names (space instead of a zero) #
|Problem ID||Manufacturer||Affected Firmware||Affected Hardware||Status|
It appears that some files produced by the BAR-LTs are emitted with a filename that has a faulty time stamp.
Such files appear to sometimes have a
0 leading digit in the day field of the datestamp replaced with a
10 (i.e. when a non-zero is required in the datestamp)
and does not affect the daily sub-directories created by the sensors.
Excerpts from the log files confirm a space is used instead of a 0 in the sensors’s view of the world - this is not a bug with the sensor.
Some files from our filesystem:
- ./255/445/20190508_AAO/201905 8T020000+1000_REC.flac
- ./255/445/20190508_AAO/201905 8T200000+1000_REC.flac
- ./255/445/20190408_AAO/201904 8T060000+1000_REC.flac
- ./255/445/20190405_AAO/201904 5T080000+1000_REC.flac
A count of affected files finds the problem in 1499 files out of 5572 (26%).
Status of the problem #
Minor issue, the correct data is in the header for the files.
Status with vendor #
FL is not aware of the problem yet. We will reach out for comment soon.
Effects of the problem in common tools #
Most tools we are aware of do not cater for date stamps with spaces in place of 0 digits.
- EMU does not handle this (issue: )
- AP.exe does not handle this date format
- The acoustic workbench does not handle this date format
Example files #